The 15th Vice-President of India who was elected on August 5th took an oath in the Rashtrapati Bhavan in Durbar Hall. BJP has occupied the top four posts of Indian Constitution – RamnathKovind (President), Narendra Modi (PM), and Sumitra Mahajan (LokSabha Speaker). Moreover, it’s the first time in Indian history.
Here are the 10 important aspects to Know About of new VP:
- Joined as a Student Leader for ABVP in 1973, Venkaiah Naidu shown his interest in politics since childhood. He was born on July 1, 1949, in Nellore District, Andhra Pradesh.
- He finished his Bachelor’s degree in diplomatic and politics at VR College, Nellore being a student leader.
- His participation includes Jai Andhra Moment in the year 1972. Later, became president of ABVP union in representing all the colleges under Andhra University.
- Naidu’s right turn career in politics began when he elected as an MLA in AP assembly in the year 1978 and 1983 as well. Elected as a state president under BJP during the years 1988-93, he served as a general secretary of national party from 1993-2000. Meanwhile, he became party’s spokesperson from 1996-2000.
- Serving as national party president twice (July-December 2002), Naidu worked as a VP of BJP from April 2005 to January 2006.
- Also, the first elected in the upper house as an MP of RajyaSabha. Later, became MP during the years 2004, 2010, and 2016.
- Before the nomination as VP, he served under Modi’s Government as a Minister of Union of Housing. Also, as an Urban Poverty and Alleviation and Information and Broadcasting Minister.
- Apart from these, he was responsible as a Union Minister for rural development under Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Government.
- He established a social service organization and founder of SwarnaBharath Trust that runs poor children and teaches lessons for these kids. Also, the organization provides training programs for women and youth.
His wife’s name is Usha and couple blessed with a daughter and a son.